FAQ Australia

  • Why should I study in Australia?

    Over 600,000 international students representing 194 nationalities chose to study in Australia in 2017. Recent surveys conducted by Studies in Australia indicate four main reasons why international students choose to study in Australia:

    • Globally recognised courses and institutions
    • Lively and multicultural lifestyle
    • Reasonable study costs
    • Beautiful weather and landscapes



  • How much will it cost to study in Australia?

    Tuition fees will vary depending on the course and institution. Please use the course search option on our website to get in direct contact with institutions in Australia. Once you find the course you’re interested in, click the ‘Enquire now’ button on the page, which will put you in contact with the course provider.

    Useful links:


  • How can I apply for an Australian student visa? What requirements do I need to meet?

    The student visas section on our website will help you understand the requirements needed to gain a student visa. It also identifies the costs associated with applying. In most cases, you can apply for a student visa using either a letter of offer or a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from your institution. The application process can be completed online, by post or at a designated Australian visa office.

    For further information regarding student visas, please visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.

  • What English language tests are acceptable for Australian student visas?

    There are five different tests accepted for Australian student visa applications:

    • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
    • International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
    • Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)
    • Occupational English Test (OET)
    • Pearson Test of English (PTE).

    For further information about English language requirements, visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.

  • Can I work during my studies in Australia?

    Yes, you can work while you’re studying in Australia. International students are permitted to work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight during study periods and unlimited hours during study breaks. There are no work restrictions for students completing a masters by research or doctoral degree. For more information about student visas and working rights, please visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.


  • Can I change my course or institution if I don’t like it?

    Yes, you can — although there are strict conditions and steps set by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection that you will need to meet and follow. We outline the steps to follow when changing your course or institution as an international student below:

    Can’t find the answer you are looking for? Feel free to email us at enquiry@mayuriedu.com. We will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.